Upcoming Events on the Eastern Shore
Celebrate the small towns, their heritage and customs and savor the fresh from the fields and waters farm-to-table bounties!
- ”Blessing of the Fleet”, Cape Charles Harbor. Come join us and help celebrate our maritime heritage and honor those lost at sea. Cape Charles has been the home port of many types of vessels since 1886. Current Vessel activity in Cape Charles includes, USCG Station Cape Charles, Commercial Watermen & Fishermen, Recreational Sail & Power Boaters, Sport Fishermen, U.S. Merchant Marines, Tall Ships, Buy Boats, VMRC, VIM’s, VDGIF, U.S. Navy, Charter Vessels, Jet Skiers, Kayak enthusiast, & Sea Planes. Bring your vessel in for this wonderful event.
- Saturday, April 28, 2018, Historic Homes and Garden Tour. Two night stay required. Visit Eastern Shore private homes and gardens, box lunch available, tickets at sites. Reserve early. Call for information 757-331-4920. Third night ½ price optional.
- Saturday, April 28, 2018, Annual Shrimp Boil, fund raiser to benefit the Cape Charles Museum. Tickets sold at Periwinkles.
- Saturday, May 19, 2018, Crabby Blues Festival. Central Park, Cape Charles to benefit Cape Charles Christian School. Great music, Bring your own chairs or blanket. Arts and craft vendors, delicious food, beer and wine.
- Saturday, May 26, 2018, 10-4 PM- Art on the Farm, This annual festival offers fine art and treasures from local artists as well as traditional roots music played by celebrated musicians from across Virginia, all in an inviting and family friendly setting. www.barrierislandcenter.org
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, Summer Solstice Shag. Chatham Vineyards. Sip wine, enjoy delicious supper, dance and listen to great shag music. Tickets: www.chathamvineyards.net/events
- Friday, June 30, 2017, 7 PM- Raw Beets in Concert, Palace Theater, Free!
- July 1-16, 2017 Experimental Film Festival, Cape Charles. Capturing the energy, vitality and beauty of Virginia’s Eastern Shore with an event made by artists for artists to bring a community together. The Motto “Small Town Big Art” is a mission to build a sustainable model for the arts to support business, boost local economy and encourage cultural tourism in Cape Charles. www.experimentafilmvirginia.com
- July 4, 2017, Independence Day Celebrations. Come celebrate an old fashioned 4th of July with events at the bay front! Parade, food vendors, games and fireworks. Three night minimum.
- Saturday, July 15, 2017, Bluegrass and BBQ. Chatham Vineyards. Sip wine and enjoy great BBQ, listen to great bluegrass music. Tickets: www.chathamvineyards.net/events
- Saturday, July 1, 2017, 7 PM- Little Country in concert, Central Park, Free!
- Saturday, July 8, 2017, 7 PM- Orquestra Tropikiimba, Central Park, Free!
- Saturday, July 22, 2017, 7 PM- J and the Band, Central Park, Free!
- Saturday, July 29, 2017, 7 PM- Andrew McKnight & Beyond Borders in Concert, Central Park, Free!
- Saturday, August 5, 2017, Dead on the Vine, Chatham Vineyards. Sip wine, enjoy delicious supper and Grateful Dead music. Tickets: www.chathamvineyards.net/events
- Sunday, August 6, 2017, 7 PM- Richard Williams Trio in Concert, Palace Theatre, Free!
- Saturday, August 12, 2017, 7 PM- Larnell Starkey and the Spiritual Seven in Concert, Central Park, Free!
- Sunday, August 13, 2017, 2-4 PM- Art Rocks the Inns, Cape Charles Bed and Breakfasts welcome you to their front porches to meet and visit with local artists and enjoy light refreshments.
- Friday, August 18, 2017, 7 PM- Le Hotclub de Biglick in Concert, Palace Theater, Free!
- Saturday, August 19, 2017, 7 PM- Robert Jospe Express Quartet in Concert, Central Park, Free!
- Friday, August 25, 2017, 7 PM- Rootstone Jug Band, Palace Theater, Free!
- Saturday, August 26, 2017, 7 PM- Jeremy Lastly and the Lastones, Central Park, Free!
- Saturday, September 3, 2017, 7 PM-Delmarvalous Dolls, Central Park, Free!
- Saturday, October 28, 2017, Between the Waters Annual Bike Ride, benefits Citizens for a Better Eastern Shore. Two night minimum. Register online at www.cbes.org or call 757-678-7157.
- Saturday, November 11, 2017, 5 PM- Merroir and Terroir, Chatham Vineyards. Annual and legendary oyster roast. Tickets: www.chathamvineyards.net/events
- Friday, November 24, 2017, Festive Fridays begin in Cape Charles, 5-8 PM. Shop, Savor, Stroll and Stay. Experience Cape Charles’ Christmas Charm. Music, carriage rides, luminaries, Santa and Mrs. Claus, door prizes, restaurant specials.
- Friday and Saturday, November 24-25, 2017, Art Studio and Vineyard Tour of the Eastern Shore of Virginia, 10 to 5 pm.
- Saturday, November 25, 2017, 4-8 PM- Annual Oyster Roast to benefit the Cape Charles Museum, Sponsored by the Cape Charles Historical Society. Tickets sold ahead at Rayfields’ Drug Store.
- Festive Fridays in Cape Charles, 5-8 PM. Shop, Savor, Stroll and Stay! Experience Cape Charles’ Christmas Charm. Music, carriage rides, luminaries, Santa and Mrs. Claus, door prizes, restaurant specials.
- Sunday, December 10, 2017, 2-5 PM- Cookie Trail through the Cape Charles Bed and Breakfasts. Taste their delicious signature cookies and see their delightful holiday decorations.